The camera world is in a frenzy over the release of several new cameras to the market. As with most new technology, the demand appears to exceed supply and those that placed a pre-order are driving themselves crazy on all the social media outlets by constantly checking to see the status of who got what and when, present company included. So here are few quick tips on how to pass the time while you wait.
- Read the already released manuals so you are ready to rock when your camera arrives.
- If you’re getting the D800 or are going to be shooting/editing video for the first time, determine if your computer will be able to handle the new demand for disk space and processing speed.
- If you’re new to DSLR video, go watch all the videos over at www.learning DSLRvideo.com and www.dslrvideoshooter.com. This will provide hours and hours of distraction and good information.
- Give your other camera body some love, by giving it a good cleaning to reassure it you still love it, and that nothing will change with the new addition to the family. Then go clean all your lenses.
- Perform a random act of kindness, like paying for the coffee for the person behind you in the drive-up – this will no doubt increase your karma factor and bump you up on the waiting list for your camera 😉
That’s all for now.